Unification ministry plans to hold talks with UN Command to resume Panmunjom tour
时间:2023-12-02 04:39:11 出处:과학阅读（143）
South Korea's unification ministry plans to hold talks with the UN Command to resume a tour program for the inter-Korean truce village of Panmunjom, according to a ministry official on Sunday.
The tour program for ordinary citizens has been suspended since mid-July, when an American soldier crossed the inter-Korean border into North Korea during a tour to the Joint Security Area in the Demilitarized Zone, a rare unauthorized trip that led to his detention in the North.
The soldier, Pvt. Travis King, was expelled from North Korea later September and returned to the US.
Ministry officials conducted an on-site inspection of Panmunjom late last month to resume the tour program for ordinary citizens, the official said.
The ministry "plans to soon discuss a resumption schedule with the UN Command," the official said.
The UN Command oversees activities in the DMZ as an enforcer of the armistice that halted the 1950-53 Korean War. (Yonhap)
- Seoul shares close more than 1% higher on extended Israel
- Will Kep1er disband? Project group eyes extension with 'Magic Hour'
- S. Korea to step up quarantine efforts against animal diseases
- Posco to build joint venture with US grain company
- Daily Sports Hankook hopes to help stengthen Korea
- SKC to build bioplastics plant in Vietnam
- 러 무기 만져보고 타보고...김정은 '북·러 합작' 도발 메뉴 내놓나
- Benois de la Danse winner Kang Mi
- Transgender blind spot in hospitalization: NHRCK